Thursday, November 17, 2022
Presented by: Esther Park
Co-sponsored with NJTESOL-NJBE
Teacher of ELA-ESL
Adjunct professor & teacher trainer
All learners are capable of reaching higher heights with the right scaffolds and supports. In this session, you will learn about designing an equitable learning environment that meets the needs of all learners. Come learn about various digital and instructional scaffolds, engagement strategies, gamification ideas, and tech tools to help students use the four language domains (read, write, speaking, listen) and retain content! You will walk out of this session with ready-to-go templates and resources to use right away in your own classroom.
Esther Park is a former high school ELA-ESL teacher of 15 years, a current adjunct instructor training future teachers of English language learners, and an instructional designer creating innovative learning experiences for K-12 and adult learners. Esther’s passion is to empower all learners to reach their full potential by developing technology-enhanced learning pathways that combine literacy and active learning techniques. Esther earned her B.A. in Psychology and Social Behavior from the University of California Irvine and an M.A. in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) from Biola University.
- #5 From principles to practices: Maximizing language development across the three modesJuly 1, 2022 - 7:21 pm
- #4 Make It Count! Social Emotional Learning In Your World Language Classroom Every DayJuly 1, 2022 - 7:11 pm
- #3 Unscripted: Spontaneous Language In The World Language ClassroomJuly 1, 2022 - 7:05 pm
- #2 Reaching Higher Heights with ScaffoldsJuly 1, 2022 - 7:02 pm
- #1 Teach for AcquisitionJuly 1, 2022 - 6:58 pm