Thank you for your interest in becoming a member of FLENJ! Please note that retroactive to March 15, 2020 your membership works with a ROLLING or ANNIVERSARY date which begins on your date of purchase and is valid for 365 days. Other membership details follow:
- Membership must be in the name of an individual, not in the name of an institution or a library.
- Purchase orders and vouchers are accepted only if they are numbered and signed. They must be accompanied by a completed online registration form. Simply fill in the form fields for the membership level you desire, select “offline payment”, print a copy and submit with your PO or voucher. This is the only way we will accept offline payments.
- To qualify for student membership, you must be a full-time undergraduate or graduate student and hold no full-time teaching appointments.
- To qualify for retired membership, you must no longer be an active educator.
Membership registration is open. Online registration below.
FLENJ members can log into their account to renew on-line. If you have trouble logging on, please contact FLENJ manager at email@example.com or VP of Advocacy & Outreach firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note – Those who want to pay by check, purchase order or voucher must complete our online registration form. Simply fill in the fields for the membership level you desire, select “offline payment”, print a copy and submit with your check, purchase order or voucher. This is the only way we will accept offline payments.
Powered by Wild Apricot Membership Software
What is FLENJ?
FLENJ is a non-profit, foreign language organization that represents all world language educators at all levels in New Jersey.
We are proudly:
- The official New Jersey constituent of American Council on the Teaching of Foreign Languages (ACTFL);
- A charter constituent of the National Federation of Modern Language Teachers Association (NFMLTA), publishers of the Modern Language Journal;
- An affiliate of the New Jersey Education Association.
How FLENJ Serves You
FLENJ advances and promotes the teaching of world languages in the state of New Jersey. To accomplish this, we work to bring about improvements in areas of concern for world language educators, such as: teacher training, articulation at all levels, and curriculum development.
Each year our agenda includes:
- One statewide spring conference offering a complete program for world language educators. We invite speakers of national and international reputation to address our membership;
- Workshops for professional development throughout the academic year;
- Numerous advocacy activities;
- Monthly emails to the membership from the FLENJ president;
- FLENJ Facebook and Twitter.
- Competitive scholarships to high school seniors for continued language study;
- Certificates to one senior in each language in recognition of outstanding achievement in world languages;
- Mini-grants to members for professional growth and development; and
- Teacher awards for those who have made significant contributions to world language teaching in New Jersey.
College students, please note:
We encourage college students with an interest in world languages to join and participate in the organization at a reduced rate.
FLENJ invites the membership to review our yearly financial information. Contact our Treasurer to have a copy of our tax return sent to you.