Deadline: January 15
FLENJ offers funding of up to $2,000 for projects related to world language education through travel (international or domestic), service learning, advocacy, or any combination of those three categories. Proposals should demonstrate how receipt of the funding will have an innovative and /or transformative impact on their pedagogy and the learning of their students and colleagues.
Up to three recipients are awarded annually. To be considered applicants must:
- Be a current FLENJ member
- Be a practicing educator in a New Jersey school.
- Commit to presenting the results of the project at the following year’s Spring Conference.
Applicants will be notified in February. Winners will be acknowledged at the annual Spring Conference and attendance at the Conference to accept your award is required. Recipients will receive half of the grant money before the project begins and the balance upon presentation of the project at the following year’s Spring Conference, when all relevant receipts for expenses have been submitted.
Criteria for selection are:
- Integration of NJ Student Learning Standards
- Appropriateness of objectives for grade/proficiency/developmental level
- Established need for the amount requested in the budget
- Possibility for replication by other teachers
- Clarity of description
Applications must be submitted digitally no later than January 15. Please review all information thoroughly before submitting the application. Applicants who do not follow instructions will be disqualified. Click below for the Teacher Award Application Form. Questions? Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org