2018 Annual Conference Chair Nathan Lutz
2018 FLENJ ANNUAL CONFERENCE CONFERENCE THEME
- What Will Your Ripple Be? Global Change Starts with You!
- Promote world language proficiency and global citizenship as 21st century skills that are critical to college and career-readiness.
- Equip teachers with skills to help students find success in the world language classroom and beyond.
- Explore leadership in and beyond the classroom.
- Address how your teaching practice can affect your students.
- Workshop (60 minutes): traditional workshop session led by facilitator(s) and engaging attendees with a blend of didactic and hands-on activities (Click here to view workshop topics and speaker bios)
- Roundtable Discussion (60 minutes): smaller setting, form of academic discussion and/or debate around a particular topic
- The Tech Garden: Join 2015 FLENJ Teacher of the Year Dana Pilla and other Garden State world language educators in this unique offering. The Tech Garden will be held in a fair-like setting during its own session block, with presenters each showing off their favorite tech tools to promote proficiency and/or intercultural competence. Conference attendees can wander around and linger at the stations that interest them. Leave with a pocket of tech “seeds” to plant at school on Monday!