Dear Fellow Educators:
You made it to winter break and now it is time to rest, celebrate, and set yourself up for a successful second half of the school year. The best way to do that is to connect with colleagues and continue your professional learning. FLENJ is here to provide you with those opportunities that will support you and help you grow new perspectives and ideas. Your FLENJ membership runs on a calendar year and it is now time to RENEW!
Here is just some of what FLENJ has in store for you in 2018:
* SPECIAL RATES ON ALL FLENJ EVENTS!
* Monthly Webchat Series on crucially important topics. Join the conversation! NEXT Webchat is January 16th.
* 2018 Annual Conference – What will your ripple be? Global change starts with you! April 13-14. Registration is open now!
* Workshop Series featuring the nation’s best experts to guide you in all aspects of instruction and learning.
* Summer Refresher – an inexpensive and fun event to get you ready to go back to school with great interactive workshops. 2018 Summer Refresher information coming soon.
* Awards that recognize your students, your colleagues, and you that can even fund travel or a project idea.
* Three-year Mentoring Fellowships for new teachers to support new teachers and build future leaders in our field.
* Advocacy to preserve programs and grow new opportunities to expand world language learning in our state.
Webchats – Have you joined the conversation?
January 16, 2018 – Heritage Spanish Speakers – Michele Schreiner – 4:00pm EST
February 6, 2018 – World Languages in the Community – Alice Ennis Simonson & Jennifer Jones – 7:00 pm EST
March 22, 2018 – Interviewing for WL Positions – Frank Ruggiero – 7:00 pm EST
Student Video Contest
Our student video contest is back with a new look and new format. Please visit the link above to learn more and participate in sharing your students’ voices to help advocate. All entries are due on February 14th.
Wishing you all a successful day and a restful break! See you in 2018!