Vision | FLENJ envisions a New Jersey of multilingual global citizens who collaborate and connect to the world as a result of meaningful world language experiences.
We believe that …
- Language educators bear the professional responsibility to advocate on behalf of world language education
- Language is the universal connector that facilitates cultural understanding; all languages are valuable to teach and learn.
- A multi-lingual society fosters diversity, respect for others, and greater opportunities for all children.
- Language learning is an integral part of the American education system; it is for ALL children, it starts early, and is a life-long endeavor.
- All students can achieve language proficiency when taught by a skilled teacher in a well articulated, standards-embedded program.
- Collecting and analyzing evidence of student performance facilitates effective and reflective teaching.
- High quality professional development is critical to equip educators with the necessary knowledge and skills to enhance student language learning.