Deadline: December 1
FLENJ has honored outstanding world language teachers at many of its past annual conferences, recognizing their dedicated work on behalf of students and colleagues.
We would like to continue to recognize the enthusiasm and devotion of exemplary New Jersey world language educators – teachers, supervisors and advocates alike – through our Excellence in Education Award. If you know of a committed world language teacher, supervisor or advocate, consider nominating her/him for this new award. You may also self-nominate.
The criteria for selection are as follows:
- The nominee must have been a member of FLENJ for the last three consecutive calendar years.
- The person who is doing the nominating must have been a member of FLENJ in the previous calendar year, and must have renewed for the current year.
- Contact for verification of membership status.
The following must be submitted by or for the person being nominated:
- Nomination Form (Please click here)
- Send the following supporting documents to the Awards Chairperson (e-mail attachment or postal mail):
- Cover Letter;
- Short resume or CV (no longer than two pages) for the person being nominated;
- Evidence of excellence in teaching, including descriptions of programs initiated, etc.;
- Three letters of support from among the following: students, colleagues, and school officials such as supervisors, principals, superintendents, etc.
All supporting documents must be emailed or postmarked by December 1. The online nomination form is in the Members Only section.